My sister loves baking and a few years ago, by popular request, began baking for others. Pretty soon, she had set up her own cupcake business and now she offers all sorts of cakes and traybakes alongside her original cupcakes.
Sometimes she has requests for cakes to be made to various dietary requirements. It's worth remembering that food sensitivities can often be greatly helped by homeopathy, the Asyra and craniosacral therapy and I'll be doing a blog focusing on that in more detail soon.
In the meantime, today she’s sharing her recipe for dairy and gluten-free raspberry muffins which taste just as great as the full-of-everything version.
And yes, her cooker really is pink!
225g/8oz Dove’s Farm Gluten free flour
1tsp gluten free baking powder
50g/ 1 ¾ oz caster sugar
2 medium eggs
50ml/2 fl oz olive oil
200ml/7fl oz Lactofree Raspberry Yogurt (approx 1 ½ pots)
2 small bananas chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4.
- Lightly grease 12 wells of a non- stick muffin tin. (Green Pan’s Boston 3D Ceramic Non-Stick 12 cup Muffin Pan contains no lead or cadmium and no PFAS or PFOA are used during the manufacturing process.)
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl and stir in the sugar.
- In a measuring jug, mix together the eggs, oil and yogurt. Pour this mixture into the flour and sugar mixture and gently mix together until just combined.
- Gently fold in the raspberries and banana chunks.
- With a spoon, divide the mixture evenly into the prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until risen and golden brown.
Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for a few minutes before removing. Best served warm.